Friday, April 14, 2017

Umbrellas!

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of the last umbrella class Annie and I taught at Lake Farmpark. We had a wonderful time and all of the umbrellas look great!

If I remember, I can usually take pictures for about the first half hour of class. After that we are all busy and I don't think to pull out the camera until the first umbrella is finished. 

Everyone is busy cutting and pressing their panels in this picture. This is the most time consuming part of the entire umbrella-making process and it just seems to take forever.  


Fortunately, the umbrella starts to take shape quickly and when the first one is done, EVERYONE gets excited!

These two fabrics look wonderful together. 😊 I always love greens and blues together for umbrellas, especially batiks.


Ruth had some specialty fabric that she wanted to use, but she didn't have enough. She knows where to get more and plans on making a second umbrella. This one is made with rose fabric and it is beautiful! 


She even took some time right after lunch to embroider her name on the umbrella. What a great idea! I think I'm going to start embroidering my strap.


This looks like a single fabric, doesn't it?


Nope! It's actually two fabrics - dogs and cats. She was so excited to make her own umbrella for when it's raining cats and dogs!


This picture does not do this fabric justice. It is a gorgeous  dark blue/green batik that is just stunning!


I love these two fabrics. If I was carrying this umbrella, I don't think I'd care if it was raining. As a matter of fact, I think I would look forward to the rain. ðŸ˜„ 


Andrea's umbrella is stunning! I love this fabric.


This umbrella is just plain fun! I love her alternating fabrics.


 These two fabrics played so nicely together! This umbrella is one of my all-time favorites.



Isn't this pretty? I love the softness of these two fabrics and they are perfect together.


This green polka dot is perfect with the multi-colored golashes fabric. I wish I had taken a close-up picture of that adorable fabric. Whenever I look at this picture, I think of Gene Kelly and Singin' in the Rain!


Annie and I have three (possibly four) more classes scheduled within the next six weeks, so be prepared for more gorgeous umbrellas!  

3 comments:

Maureen said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Are you teaching the umbrella class here in North East Ohio again? If so where? I was unable to take your classes at Lake farm Park. I did enjoy the Mondo Bag Class and have finished it at home. I get many compliments on it.
Cathy Cole

Charming bubble 52 said...

How can I bring this to England? We always need umbrellas and I've never seen a class for making them or even the supplies.