Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hands 2 Help Quilt

I am hand stitching the last of the binding on my first Hands2Help (H2H) quilt. If you look closely, you can see my wonder clips on the right side of the quilt.  

The pattern is Bundle Buster, by Yvonne Fuchs @ Quilting Jetgirl. The pattern is designed to use fat quarters and my finished quilt measures 60" x 80."


The pattern includes instructions for three sizes - 40" x 40",
40" x 60," and 60" x 80", but it could easily be made larger simply by adding more blocks. I figured that this size quilt would be perfect for a QOV, but I wanted to try it out with a variety of fat quarters I had in my stash first. The quilt is very quick to construct and I like the end result, even though these fabrics really were just 16 misc. fat quarters in my stash.

There is one thing that I think you may need to be careful with when making this quilt. In order to be very efficient, you use 21" of the 22" that most fat quarters measure.

Unfortunately, there are a couple fat quarters in my stash that only have 20 1/2" of usable fabric, and although I really wanted to use them, I had already cut the other fabrics and was too lazy to go back and adjust them down. So...be sure to measure your fat quarters before you begin. You may have to swap out a few or make minor adjustments when cutting.

Either way, I like this quilt and know that I will use the pattern again. 

I asked Lynn and Ty to hold the quilt so I could get a picture, and Peyton photo bombed me.  😂


How could I be upset when she looked at me and said, "Nice quilt, Grandma!"

She can photo bomb anytime, as long as she says that. Not bad for a two-year old, right? This makes me think that we've done a good job of starting her quilt appreciation early.


She then turned around to Ty and asked if she could take this home.  When Ty told her I was making this for someone who really needs it, she said, "Peyton needs it too." Oh, how the grandkids make me laugh.


Although I have another quilt started, I may decide to make another one of these for my second H2H donation quilt because it really is fast and easy. I guess I'll make that decision as the deadline approaches.

Check out the other H2H quilts at Sarah's blog - Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am certain that you will find some wonderful eye candy.

Speaking of candy, don't eat too much today.  😉

I love this sign that Lynn and Ty put up at their house.



Happy Easter!

2 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

It's a wonderful design and the colour palette is lovely.

Vicki in MN said...

Lovely quilt and yep ya gotta let those Grands photo bomb, LOL