Monday, October 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday

It's my favorite blogging day - Monday! I love checking out what people are working on, quilt-wise. Does that make me nosey or just wanting to be insprired? I'm sticking with the later. :-)

Here's what I started the other day and I'm just loving it. It's called Plaid for Dad and is in the October/November, 2011 Quilt magazine. I have the borders to add and this puppy is ready to quilt.


I already know how I want to quilt this, and I find that kind of funny because I'm usually stressing about the quilting and just tend to do an all-over design because I can't decide and I just want to get it done. I want to recreate the argyle look here with random, but bunched together quilting lines. Clear as mud? Maybe this picture with lines drawn on will help. I haven't decided if the lines will continue into the borders, but I'm kind of guess that they won't.



Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here and should get the borders on and THEN worry about the quilting. Oh well, I'm just excited about this quilt. Wouldn't this be fun in a single color, but with different values? I can see this in pinks. Oh how I digress....concentrate....work on the borders and then think about the next quilt....

Speaking of concentrating, I guess I haven't been doing that lately. I just realized that I have not posted the good news that's been shared with me recently.

First: I'm going to be a grandma again. Nikki and Zach are expecting another baby, due in the Spring. YEAH!!

Second: Lynn and Ty are engaged! They've picked a date - October 13, 2012 and the planning has begun. I'm so happy for them!

I think we have a busy, but very special year ahead of us.

Don't forget that I'm participating in blogtoberfest so be sure to check out some of the other blogs. I'm finalizing my giveways (yes, I said giveaways - plural) and I hope to post them tomorrow so be sure to come back here to see what you might win. :-)

Check out what other quilters have on their design walls today by going to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh I really like this quilt!! And your plan for quilting looks just perfect.

Judy Laquidara said...

I love that top!!

Amy said...

Nice job on this quilt!

Unknown said...

I realllllllly like this top. I love the argyle.

Eden said...

Cool, the perfect masculine pattern, argyle! Great idea on the quilting.

Rachel said...

I love this quilt. Will you make me one! Trade you some quilting??!! :) rachel