Monday, October 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I got up early this morning, took the picture of my design wall, did some work for Wednesday's Bras for a Cause and then sat down to type out this post. I went to download the picture and couldn't find the cord to go between the camera and laptop. I searched for a while and then the phone rang. Well, about a dozen calls and lunch later, I remembered where I put the cord. So, here's the picture finally.


A couple of months ago, I spent some time checking my stash for some cheddar fabric because I love it decided to make something with it. I started pulling all that I had and then played around with how I wanted to use it. I couldn't think of a better way to use it than in something simple like rail fence blocks. I've been making these blocks as leaders and enders for a while and this is only a handfull of what I have. I cut some of the background blocks last night and put this up on the wall because I'm excited to start working on this in earnest. The blocks will finish 4.5", even though I really thought about making them finish 3." I know I want this to be pretty big, and even though I love these fabrics, I'm afraid something would come up that really needed done or that I'd get bored and this would end up being a UFO.  

I really want to call this Cheese and Crackers. Do you understand why? I told a couple of people the proposed name and they didn't get it or think it was fun. I had to explain the logic (cheddar-colored fabric - the cheese- and the background fabric looks like it has wheat sprigs on it, thus the crackers. What do you think? 

The quilts that I had posted on last week's design wall and the previous week's design wall Mondays are all ready for quilting. YEAH!!! I'm hoping to get those done before Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to everyone who played along with the giveaways the past three weeks. I had lots of fun with it. Keep checking back because I'm already getting things together for a Thanksgiving giveaway!

Check out what other quilters have on their design walls together. Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times.

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Non-quilters don't know what cheddar fabric is anyway. BUT, I like the name and think it is perfect.

NancyA said...

I think most quilters would 'get' it, and really, isn't that who appreciates labels and quilt names?

Rebecca said...

I love the name and it makes me think of a nice sharp cheadder on fresh crisp crackers.... you think we could work some thin slices of ham in there someplace?

scraphappy said...

Sounds like a great name to me. Even if only quilters get it.

Joanne said...

Maybe the ham can how up in the borders. :-)

Denise :) said...

Love your cheddar quilt -- beautiful colors!!! :)

Sue Daurio said...

the name made me smile, I love it! Great quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I think this is a wonderful and the name is perfect! I like those colors!

Anonymous said...

greetings joanne-everyonedeservesaquilt.blogspot.com blogger found your site via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://traffic-for-your-website.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://traffic-for-your-website.com
To your success James

Anonymous said...

Prospect would introduce you to the neighbor and tell the neighbor what you do for a living? Of course, they would. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Tote Bags[/url] If you are going to go to school here, live in the dorms - or get an apartment nearby someplace like Manayunk or Malvern. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose expedition[/url] Iyllehcnf
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] Ltzjegucp [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] kbcprjkcn

Anonymous said...

All pieces are plastic but they seem durable. http://www.manyghdhair.com This is being checked by us personally. ugg This seems oddly skewed considering that more than half of Canadians are over a size 12, and 62 percent of Americans are over a size 14.. north face jackets To his favorite brand of Classic Chanel coco bags as an example, in early 2009 had been established inChina's official flagship store network, at first when business is bad, " but Classic Chanel coco bags has been perfect website content and user experience, feeling now is totally different. ghd hair straightener I regularly imagined that we may be the happiest couple on the condition where we had been married..