Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stash Report - Week 41

The machine was running a little bit this past week, but not with quilting projects.  :-(

Besides the homecoming sashes that needed done, the funeral home had some blankets that needed embroidered and those are usually time-sensitive so other things must be put aside to get them done. I have one more to do and that will get done this afternoon and delivered tomorrow. It's funny, but I can go for weeks without an order from them and then all of a sudden I'll have five or six to do in a couple of days.

I haven't even touched the quilt from last week's Design Wall Monday because I knew I would get going on it and want to continue and the only way that was going to happen was if I didn't sleep. (There was too much going on this week to not sleep.) Instead, I prepared the binding for my oldest UFO and that's the only fabric I used this week. One measly yard of fabric! At least the UFO will be done soon!

Now that I've told you about my non-sewing week, I'll tell you about my buying week. As I told you the other day, I attended Quilting with Machines the past few days and of course there were things to buy! I will say that even though I was tempted, I only bought what I needed for specific projects so I'm excited about that. I bought a kit from Sew Batik (Four Patch with Stars) and I'm excited to begin working on that. I know exactly where this quilt will end up and it will be easy to work on as a leader/ender project. I bought a couple more brown and teal fabrics for Lynn and Ty's quilt, and I also got the extra tuxedo black batik spray fabric from Sew Batik that I needed for a couple of projects. Oh yea, I got new backing for my Glacier Star quilt because there is an extension to make this bigger and I'll be doing that, of course. With the extension, the quilt will finish about 90" x 90" and that is just about right for what I wanted. It's funny how I was putting off getting this quilted because I was playing around with adding borders that would "fit" with the rest of the design and then Judy Niemeyer did it for me. See, it's not always bad to be slow. :-)

I've taken the blogtoberfest challenge and have been posting every day so far this month. I know for many of you that isn't a problem, but posting consistency is not my strong point so I decided to work really hard on it. Keeping myself motivated to post, I decided to have a weekly giveaway. Check out this post to see the details. The first giveaway is this Wednesday! Pictures and details (giveaway and entry) will be posted tomorrow. I hope you play along.  :-)

Here's the report:

Fabric Added This Week: 16.5 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 174.875 yards
Fabric Used This Week: 1.00 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 342.250 yards
Net Fabric Used for 2011: 167.375 yards

UFOs Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 9
UFOs Still to Do: ??? (Why do I even bother putting this on the list?)
New Quilts Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 30
Quilts Ready to be Quilted and Bound: 10
Quilts Quilted and Ready to be Bound: 3

Check out how other quilters are doing with their stash usage. Go to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.

Read other Blogerfest Sunday Snippets here.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm really impressed with the amount of stash you've used so far this year.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Well sheesh - even with your lack of sewing this week - your numbers are amazing!!

Melanie said...

Looking at your yardage out, I'd say you can afford a week of no sewing! Good for you!