Sunday, October 2, 2011

Stash Report - Week 40

Not a lot of my own sewing was done this past week, but I did finish the Big Ten top that I was working on last week. I'm going to try to get a picture today, but we'll see if that works. That quilt is pretty big, around 90" x 110". Oh yea, I did start another project from the Oct./Nov. 2011 Quilt Magazine and that will probably be on the design wall tomorrow because I doubt that any more sewing will be done on that today. I have to embroider the Homecoming sashes for the local high school and that should take care of the rest of my day sewing-wise.

It's October and I really need to get busy working on UFOs again, but I keep seeing new things I want to begin. I really do feel like a child that needs constant reminding to stay on task. In my defense though, I have finished a fair number of things this year. Contrary to an e-mail that I received about my numbers a couple of months ago, I'm counting the 15 honor flight quilts just like any other quilt, even though they're small. I was told in the e-mail that I really shouldn't count them as 15 quilts because they only measured 36" x 48" and that a better idea would be for me to perhaps count them as 7 or 8 quilts. The writer felt that it wasn't fair for me to report that I had finished so many more quilts than a person like herself who never makes anything smaller than 60" x 70". Really?!? I don't think so. My stash report is for me and it's not a contest. If I want to count them as a quilt then so be it. Besides, I didn't know that there is a size requirement for a project to be considered a quilt. :-) What about about all those baby quilts people make. Should they count?

I have an announcement. Quilters of the world. Count your completed projects however you want. It's your report! Okay, I'm off my high horse now.

Here's the report:
Fabric Added This Week: 0.00yards
Fabric Added to Date: 158.375 yards
Fabric Used This Week: 5.875 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 341.250 yards
Net Fabric Used for 2011: 182.875 yards

UFOs Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 9
UFOs Still to Do: ??? (Why do I even bother putting this on the list?)
New Quilts Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 30
Quilts Ready to be Quilted and Bound: 10
Quilts Quilted and Ready to be Bound: 3

Check out how other quilters are doing with their stash usage. Go to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.
Read other Blogerfest Sunday Snippets here.

2 comments:

trash said...

Seriously? Someone harangued you about identifying your own finishes? People are definitely weird.

Charlene S said...

Keep that high horse steady and I'm riding along side.I agree with you...how you count your finishes is up to you. Each quilter is different and each definition of quilt depends on the quilter.