Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Finish

I'm not completely done with these four placemats, but I will be very soon, maybe even tonight. Everything was done except the binding and that is an easy "ride in the car" or watch TV activity.


I decided to simply make the placemats and faces separate so that it could be like a game for the granddaughters, or anyone else that may need entertained while waiting for dinner.  :-)  As you can see in the picture below, the face pieces can be mixed and matched to do whatever you like. I think/hope this will be fun for the little ones.
  

The coordinating wall hanging is not quilted yet and since I'm not going to be able to sew until at least Sunday night (or even later since that's when the girls are coming and they're staying for a week), I don't see that getting done real soon. That's ok. I can still pin it up to the wall hanging that's there now, right? 


Go to Crazy Mom Quilts to check out what other quilters are finishing up today.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Fabulous and such a clever idea!

Anonymous said...

Fun!

Miranda said...

That's so fun! I would have loved something like this as a kid! They look great :)

twelfthzodiac said...

I am absolutely certain that these will be a hit!

Soile Kivinen said...

I just love love love that clever quilt!

Mrsblocko said...

What a fun idea for a placemat. My daughter and her friends would think this is awesome. Congrats on your finish!

Heather said...

What a great idea! That will be so much fun for the kids. :o)

Amanda Jean said...

that is SO MUCH FUN! i love the idea of having the face pieces removeable/interchangable. i'm sure my kids would absolutely love something like that.

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!