Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tired!

I spent a good part of today (noon -9pm) at the mall with the Bras for a Cause and even though I did nothing but talk, I'm tired. Who knew that talking could be so tiring? I talked to a lot of people today and I'll be doing the same tomorrow because I'll be there from about 11-6. We're also selling tickets for the Harley motorcycle so when the people working that table had to go to the restroom or whatever, I manned both tables. It was pretty easy to sell tickets for the bike and then have the people spend a dollar or two on the bras also, so I didn't really mind being there by myself. For those of you that don't know me, I really don't have trouble talking to complete strangers, so talking to them about the Mardi Bra or Zee-Bra is kind of fun.  :-)

I saw a lot of people I know and haven't seen for a while and that was fun; but I also met a lot of new people. I always find it interesting and fun when you meet someone and realize that you either have a mutual friend or some other connection. I met a woman this evening who said she wasn't from the area and when I asked her where she lived, she said southern Ohio. I told her I went to school in Vandalia and she laughed and said she lives in Tipp City but spent a lot of her youth in Vandalia at her grandparent's house. I love it when that happens!

I didn't have an opportunity to take more pictures because I was pretty busy all day (talking, remember?). I'll try tomorrow or Tuesday after the display is set up for Girls' Night Out at Kalahari. Although I really like being part of organizing this event, I'll be glad when it's is over because I'll be able to get back to some sewing.

I think I'll head upstairs and read a bit before going to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: