As strange as it sounds, I had a pretty good week sewing wise even though I didn't really use that much fabric and I didn't finish anything. As I reported in a previous post, I worked on a quilt using Annie Smith's 2009 NYE Mystery pattern. I haven't finished the borders but I decided what to do and I have them about half done. While I was trying to decide the borders for that quilt, I pulled out two UFOs and began to work on them. They are the same pattern - Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight - a 2008 mystery. I made one of these quilts while the mystery was taking place, but I gave that quilt away. I decided that I really liked the pattern and I wanted one for myself. I also decided that I wanted to make one as a raffle quilt to have on hand since I always hold at least one fundraising quilt raffle every year. When I have one on hand or at least partially done, it's a lot less stressful than having to decide what to make, get the fabric, and get it sewn and quilted. When I have to make these decisions quickly, I almost always go buy fabric because it takes too much time to "shop" my stash and that does major damage for a positive stash report!
Speaking of stash reports, I've finally broken the 200 yard mark for fabric used year-to-date and I'm getting pretty close to the 100 yard mark for my net usage. I'd really like to reach that next week, but we'll see.
Here's the weekly report:
Fabric Used This Week: 6.75 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 201.625 yards
Fabric Added This Week: 0.00 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 104.25 yards
Net Fabric Used for 2010: 97.375 yards
Check out the stash reports of other quilters at Judy L.'s Patchwork Times blog.