I've been able to get a bit of sewing done and that always makes me feel good. Besides some secret sewing, I actually took something from the "To Be Quilted" tub (AKA - Tub of Shame) and made the time to quilt it.
This is To The Point, a Tamarinis pattern.
I pieced this quite some time ago (back in Dec. or January) but wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt it. Actually, about half way through piecing the diamonds, I realized that I didn't give any thought to the shadowing that would happen with the darker print fabrics. I decided that it was too late to turn back, so I just went ahead and finished the top. The quilting dilemma was really a question of whether or not I could do anything to help hide the shadowing. I couldn't decide what to do, so this top got set aside for another day.
That day happened last week when I finally decided that I was just going to quilt the heck out of it with smallish meandering in the background (it's not plain white, but rather a white multi-color confetti) and an outline stitch close to the diamonds. This did not solve the shadowing issue, but the quilt is quilted and I'm happy.
I have no yardage of any of the print fabrics, so the next question is what to do about binding. I posed that questions to a group of people and was kind of surprised that many suggested using the background fabric. Their logic is that by using that, it would not distract from the diamonds. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of light binding, but I get what they are saying. There were a variety of other ideas - bright red, black, or anything dark. My husband suggested a fabric close to one of the light diamond fabrics. I'm still mulling this over and will check my stash. That will most likely be what makes the decision for me. :-) I'll post pictures when I've made my choice. I want to get this bound before Thursday, as I'll be meeting Tammy Silvers and would like to show her this quilt.
I recently shared my fabric choices and the beginnings of my Perpetual quilt. I will not have it completed by this weekend as I had hoped, but I do like what I have so far. All of the block quadrants are made and I just have to sew those together to complete the blocks, and then sew the blocks together.
The pattern includes instructions for a bed runner, lap quilt, and bed quilt. I'm making the bed quilt, but I played around with some of the blocks so I could see what the runner would look like. I love this! This is made from just one of the two blocks. I REALLY like this and think I may have to see if I have enough extra fabric to make one.