Monday, February 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I do have something on the wall and I'm loving it! I am really excited about this quilt and I can't wait to finish it.

It's my version of Voila! from Swirly Girls Design. (Have I told you how much I like Swirly Girls?)


The picture doesn't really do this justice (in my humble opinion). Maybe you'll get a better picture when you enlarge it. If you notice there is a streak of light on the right side of the picture. That is the sun! I have another picture that doesn't include it; but hey, it's February in Ohio and it's cold, so I'll take whatever sunshine I can get!

Anyway, back to the quilt. The dark around the red print fabric is actually a black fabric with white dots. I'm going to use the same fabric for the binding. Heck, I already have the backing for this quilt too, which is so unusual for me. The fabric for this quilt was purchased while I was on retreat and the inside was sewn then also. I had previously purchased the pattern and took it with me just in case I found the perfect focus fabric. I think I did!

Anyway, one more border and it's ready to quilt, although I have no idea yet of how to do that. Besides, it will probably be a little bit before that happens so I have some time to think about it. Any suggestions?

I've been busy trying to get things caught up and it seems to be working. It's amazing how many projects really just needed a little bit of work done to them but they just got set aside instead. I'll post pictures later of some of those projects. I just have to be home and take the time to snap pictures!

To check out what other quilters have on their design walls today.
Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times!

No comments: