Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fun in Nelsonville, OH

We had rain off and on most of the day yesterday (Monday) so we went to Athens and Nelsonville and bummed around. Of course Ann and I took the opportunity to go back to Nelsonville Quilt Company and this time Jack went in with us. I took the opportunity to snap a few more pictures of the shop for the blog. There was a Twister class going on and I peaked in for just a minute. These quilts are going to be beautiful!!



Here are a couple of random shots of the store.



Here's Susan (the owner) at the cash register. She's super nice and helpful!


I like this doorway between the main shop and the classroom/longarm room. Do you see Jack?


Here's Cathy (Queen of the Gammill) talking shop with Jack. They had a nice long visit and I wish I had my camera when they were saying goodbye - with a great big hug. They looked like old friends who hadn't seen each other in years; but in reality they met yesterday for the first time. I love it when you make those connections!


After the quilt shop, we went to the Rocky Boot Factory Outlet store. We've stopped here before and I've bought a few things, but nothing struck my fancy this trip.

Bill likes pottery and since the quilt shop classroom has taken over the storefront that used to house the pottery store, we decided to find the new location. Of course it would have been easier if we had thought to ask at the quilt shop, but since we didn't, Ann did what any resourceful shopper would do. She used her smart phone, got the information and then called the shop!



I love this lamp and "Handmade in Ohio" sign!


Here's something else that I really like - using an ironing board (minus the padding) to display magnets. How clever!


Here's Jennifer (the owner) and Jack. Even though she was technically closed, Jennifer told us to come on over and she was sooooo nice! I can't show you what we bought because they are gifts and we don't want to spoil the surprise.


Here are a couple of random shots of the shop. This place is filled with lots of fun and interesting items like pottery, jewelry, beads, clothing, hats, pottery supplies, etc. I'm sure just about everyone could find something that they just have to take home.  :-) 



I love the layout of this shop. Check out the wood floors and the great lighting. Can you see the tin ceiling in the picture below?


Jennifer took us back to her awesome classroom. Of course my camera was having issues and I didn't get a good picture of the classroom, but I think you can get the idea just from this picture. I'd love to take a class here. Who wants to join me?


I'm telling you, this place was awesome. Thanks Jennifer for opening up for us!

Right outside the door to the Emporium, I noticed the sidewalk. Isn't this beautiful?


After our little adventure, I was kind of glad it rained. I had a blast.

1 comment:

Cindy Sharp said...

What a lovely adventure.