Monday, March 27, 2017

Design Wall Monday


Since I've finished up with some "have to do" work, I decided that I wanted to do something new and just because I want to. Yes, I still have things that I HAVE to do, and I'm working on them; but I want to start something new that's been sitting around just waiting to be made.

I decided on the Stars Over Texas quilt. I've had the pattern for quite some time but just never pulled fabric for it. That changed on Friday!

Stars Over Texas Quilt Pattern - Digital Download

Annie and I were helping out at M & E Quilt Shoppe and we both agreed that Little Ruby line by Bonnie and Camille would look great in the pattern.


I've been cutting the triangles and just couldn't wait to put them up on the wall. Here's what I have so far.


This is by no means where I think these fabrics will end up. I really just wanted to play a little and get comfortable with the lay out process. These are big triangles (7 1/2") and the stars are going to be really big (24" x 27"). I'm laying this out on the diagonal and that can be kind of tricky if you don't pay attention to what you are doing. The final quilt size is 90" x 108" and since the pieces are so big, it should go together pretty quickly. I'll cut the rest of the triangles and then decide fabric placement by using small pieces of scraps and a sketch.

These are all equilateral triangles so I used a 60 degree triangle ruler instead of the template provided with the pattern, which will make cutting go much faster. Don't you just love starting new projects and finding easier and quicker ways to do things?  😄

Annie and I are teaching an umbrella workshop Tuesday so I won't have time to sew again until Wednesday. Yikes! I guess that's not entirely true. I will be doing some hand sewing which allows me to fondle fabric. 😛   

What are you working on today?

Check out Judy L's Patchwork Times

and

No comments: