Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Baby Quilt Made Big - Updated!

Yesterday I showed my Woven quilt top, pieced according to the pattern. I really like this, but wondered how it would look as a large quilt. This measures about 35" x 42", which is a great baby quilt size. 


Oh my goodness! I just realized that I pieced this top wrong. The bottom half is upside down! This is what it's supposed to look like.


I guess I'll spend a little quality time with the seam ripper today. I'm glad I saw this before I quilted it. Yikes! That would have been awful.

Update:  Here's the corrected version of my quilt. I was going to wait until tonight to fix this, but it was bugging me and it was only one seam. Do you think I might be a bit OCD? 😳


Much better!  😌

Back to making this larger:

I decided to simply make four baby size quilts (the RIGHT way!) and piece them together. I was intrigued by the new design that would appear and knew that I would like it. Plus, the quilt would measure approximately 70" x 84" and I like that. 



I'm headed back to the sewing room and going to start ripping!

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

How fabulous! I know I have to make one. I'm always on the look out for unique baby quilts. Thanks!