Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas Table Runner

I've been asked to host a sew day for a group of 14 ladies who want to make a Christmas table runner. The organizer had a particular runner in mind, The Ohio Star Runner from pattern Twice as Nice by Sweet Jane's.


It's a nice runner and pretty easy to make. I decided that since the organizer asked for the runner to be a "controlled scrappy" Christmas project, I would limit the number of fabrics used and not use 5" pre-cuts as the pattern suggests. We'll be making kits for the participants and to make teaching this easier for me, everyone will have the exact same fabrics. 

Here's my version. 


The organizer of the event said that most of the participants will have some sewing experience, and a few will have a lot. Hmmmm, I'm not quite sure what I've gotten myself in to, but I've decided that it will be a fun challenge. 

I've got pictures to share from a recent retreat that I helped host, as well as a few other projects. Since I was away from home Nov. 23 - 28, I have gotten quite behind in my blog posts, picture taking and editing. Hopefully I can get back on track in the next couple of days. 

Are you making any Holiday Table Runners? If so, I'd love to see them.

1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that the sewing day goes well; it sounds like it will be interesting for everyone (you included)!