Monday, November 4, 2019

A Finish and Design Wall Monday

Do you remember these fabrics that I was using for some secret sewing?


I used them to test Tammy Silvers' (Tamarinis) Where My Heart Is pattern.

I finished the top and am very happy with the results. (Someone asked me about the center fabric, but I didn't have the information with me to check. It is Woodland Daisy, a Michael Miller Fabric. 


I had commitments that took me away from home (and my sewing machine), so I couldn't work on this for over a week. I was chomping at the bit because I already knew exactly how I was going to do the quilting and I really wanted to get this done. 

The quilting is very simple and although the pattern suggests that the binding be the dark green, I opted for the orange Dot Grunge. 




The pattern includes instructions for three size options:
Wall Hanging - 22" x 39" 
Large Wall Hanging - 44" x 46" 
Lap Quilt - 44" x 61". 

I made the small wall hanging, but I think I'm not going to use it as a wall hanging, but as a table runner instead. It's a great size, so it can be used as either one!   


As with all of Tammy's patterns, this is well-written and includes really good cutting instructions and awesome diagrams. This will be available in Tammy's shop very soon. I'll let you know when that happens. :-) 

Here's what's on the design wall today!


This is the beginning of my version of Bonnie Hunter's Idaho Square Dance. A couple of friends and I went to Bedford, PA to take a class with Bonnie last year (Aug., 2018) and we had a very productive time. Check out this video that Bonnie made of the workshop. :-)  

I have had all of my log cabin blocks completed for quite some time, but I got sidetracked and put away from Idaho Square Dance blocks. I needed to do something for a demo at Chestnut Ridge Sewing recently and decided these blocks would be perfect. 

I have most, if not all, of the units just about ready to complete the blocks so I decided to put this on the design wall and get busy. I do have other projects that need completed, but this will be my leader/ender project and that means that the blocks will completed in no time at all. 


Bonnie just announced the colors for her new mystery quilt and I really feel like I should make some headway on this quilt before I even consider starting that one.  :-)

What are you creating today?

Check out some quilters eye candy at 


and


5 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

love that idaho square dance setting, spin spin spin! Bonnie is such a treasure, I started doing the mystery in 2011, now do half size.

Ramona said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful! I really like your Idaho Square dance, too. Such fun creations!

Jennifer said...

Love the test quilt - so striking of a pattern and that orange really pops!

SCARLET BROWN said...

Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with AdWords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content.

야한동영상
대딸방
횟수 무제한 출장
스포츠마사지
바카라사이트

meanbean said...

Nice bllog post