Monday, July 20, 2020

Design Wall Monday

It's been a while since I've written a Design Wall Monday post. It's not because I haven't been doing anything, but rather because most of what I've been doing is secret sewing and can't be shared yet.  I'm caught up on those projects (for the moment) and have a couple of personal quilts on which I'm working.

This tiger fabric and the coordinating ones in the second picture, have been sitting around far too long, waiting for me to make Layne a quilt. It's up on the wall where I have to look at it whenever I walk into the room. My goal is to have a plan by the end of this afternoon and to actually start cutting and sewing tonight.  I do have a few thoughts, but I need to do some sketching and playing around.



I have completed sewing the first units of my Perpetual quilt (a Tamarinis quilt pattern) and am very happy with how they look. 

I am making the bed size quilt (73" x 97"), so I have to make 72 of these units. They will be made into 18 blocks, once I complete the next two small sections that get sewn to the sides of this unit. 


Tammy Silvers (Tamarinis) will be teaching this quilt at the Ohio's Amish Quilt Festival; but since I will be working at the Festival, I can't take the class. Instead, I decided to make my own so I can show it at the Festival. (No pressure to get this done in a timely manner, right?  lol) 

When I showed the pattern to Jack, he said that he really liked it. It is quite intriguing, isn't it?


While talking about the pattern, Jack said that he would love to see this done in red and black. I agreed with him that that would be striking. So... I started the search for fabrics. This picture do NOT do these fabrics justice, but this is what I'm using.


The pattern includes instructions for three sizes - bed quilt, lap quilt, and table runner. Of course I decided that if I'm going to do it, I might as well go big - so the bed quilt it is!

I'll update as I work on this, but it's a busy week for me so it might be just like this next week. 

By them, I hope to be able to share some of my secret sewing projects.  

What are you working on this week?

Check out the eye candy at 


and

2 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with the tiger panel and prints. The other project looks interesting as well

chrisknits said...

Wow! This Perpetual quilt will be stunning.