Monday, August 28, 2023

More Quilts

As I said in my last post, I've been doing some sewing, but of course not as much as I'd like to.  Isn't that true for all of us?

I love that my grandchildren like to use my quilts. They like sleeping with them, making tents and forts, and they especially like using them for picnics. 


Avery and Peyton chose this quilt that I would say looks pretty darn much like winter because the fabrics are frosted and the quilting is a bunch of snowflakes. They said that is EXACTLY why they chose it. It was very hot that day (upper 80's) and they said that just thinking about snow would help keep us cool. I like how they think! 

I know that these next pictures will drive some of you crazy, but I really don't mind that my quilts get taken outside and put on the ground. If I don't want a particular quilt used, it is kept in a "safe" place and the kids all know that they are not allowed to make their choices from those quilts. I have never had a problem. 



The kids all like using colorful quilts and if food gets spilled, I just gather up the quilt and put it in the washer. These two quilts have been washed dozens of times and I think they have many, many more picnics in their future. 


It made my heart sing watching the twins "reading" while sitting on the quilts. 


These two love to be read to and to "read" to other people. After this last picture was taken, I joined them on the quilt and relaxed while they "read" the most amazing story ever. That's what they called it and I have to admit, it was a pretty good story. 😊


I think I'll take a break and read tonight. I hope you get to do something that gives you pleasure! :-)

No comments: