Monday, December 18, 2023

A Little Bit of Sewing

We've been quite busy around here and unfortunately sewing has had to take a back seat. But... I did do a little bit - just to keep my sanity.  :-)  I made a sample for an upcoming class on how to use the Creative Grids Scallop Template. 


This template was designed by Krista Moser and it makes creating scallop-edged quilt pretty darn easy. The first time I used this template was when I made the 2021 Shop Hop quilt for Chestnut Ridge. While this isn't a great picture, I think you can see how that scallop border adds a great finish to the quilt.  


For the upcoming class, I decided to use Krista's Simple Scallop Baby Quilt pattern that is made using a panel. Here is Krista's quilt.


When I first saw this quilt, I went on the prowl to find the panel that Krista used, but I had no luck. Instead, I used a very pretty Flower Market panel from Wilmington Prints. I've used the panel before, but that was prior to the creation of the scallop template. Of course I can't find a picture of the quilt so I guess I'll just have to show the baby quilt. :-) 


I am very happy with this quilt. I chose to use the same fabric for the small border and binding (the pattern is written for that) and I like how it looks. Yes, this is requires bias binding, but that does not bother me. As a matter of fact, in the class; not only will be be learning how to make the scallops, we'll be learning the ins and outs of bias binding. 

I've got to run, but I'll share a few more projects within the next week or so. 

No comments: