Monday, March 15, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Not what I had planned, but I have blocks 2 and 3 of the Thimbleberries Village Green Block of the Month up on the wall today. I picked up the blocks Saturday and was going to work on them later this week, but the schedule changed. I needed to work on something somewhat mindless (that means that the blocks had to go together without much work and the instructions had to be really easy to follow), because I knew that I would be up late and I didn't want to have to think too much. These blocks were perfect and the good thing is that they are done and I'm no longer behind!

I had hoped to be getting the rest of the fabric ready for my large version of the Twister quilt and begin piecing that before leaving for work, but "Mom Duty" called. Lynn has been sick (sore throat, coughing, etc.) for over a week and went to the doctor on Wednesday. She was prescribed some meds and seemed to be getting better, until yesterday. She started coughing quite badly again, got a really bad headache, and ran a slight fever. Last night she developed a rash and the cough got much worse, along with the headache, and she had begun to be sick to her stomach. We assumed that the rash was from the medications and hoped that applying benadryl cream would help, but it just got worse. The poor girl had a fire-engine red rash covering just about her entire body and it was itchy and burning at the same time. Plus, her fever was getting worse (101.8). Off to the ER we went at 4:00AM!

Come to find out she has strep throat and has developed an allergic reaction to one of the meds she was taking. So now she has new meds and is off work for at least today. We got home around 7:30 and she's settled in for the day, trying to get some sleep, stop itching, be less lobster-like! I, on the other hand, have to be at work by noon and will not return home until after 8:00 tonight. I think I got the good end of the stick!

1 comment:

Diane said...

The blocks are so cute, isn't it lovely to not be behind! I'm so sorry about the allergic reaction, my oldest son had that happen once when he was in jr was terrible--the reaction was worse than the 'illnes' he was taking the meds for in the first place.