Thursday, January 26, 2012

Met the Goal

I wanted to finish my Twin Sisters quilt top before I went on retreat and I was able to do that tonight. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it and it does look better. I really do need to learn to take better photos!

Adding the blue and floral stripe borders really helped brighten this up a bit; but I really wish I had used brighter fabric for the cornerstones. Oh well. It's ready to be quilted and then I'll bind it with the same blue that was used for the first border.

I do like the fact that this is now a more "user friendly" size for me (about 70" x 80"). Who knows, by the time it's quilted I might really like it.

The REALLY good news is that this is a UFO that is close to being DONE, DONE and DONE (pieced, quilted and bound)!

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We are our own worst critic! I find this quilt just delightful - if you had gone with a darker corner stone they would have over powered the flow of the quilt. It has a 'color-wash' feel to it - a lovely flower garden of delicate blossoms.