Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Smith Mountain Morning

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a Bonnie Hunter Smith Mountain Morning workshop at Quilt Beginnings in Columbus. As my birthday gift, my best friend Kare signed us up and paid for the workshop!  I wish you could all have a friend like her.  :-)

Anyway, we had a good time and here's what I finished during the class. I also have LOT of the pieces and parts put together so when I get a chance to sit down and work on this again, it shouldn't take a really long time to complete the top.


Check out Bonnies' blog for more pictures of the various colorways in which people were working.

I'd have pictures of my own to share if I had taken my camera! I had been in Dayton/Middletown Friday and Saturday and had my camera then, but when I was packing for this trip (we spent the Sunday night in Columbus), I decided to change bags and I didn't transer my camera to the new bag. 

Besides the camera, I didn't take hair conditioner or a hair dryer. I used the rest of the conditioner Sunday when I showered and while packing, picked up another shampoo instead of conditioner. I guess that just goes to show you that I should be sure to have my glasses on when I'm packing. Now the hair dryer is a different story. I didn't take one to with me for the Dayton trip because I just use my sister's. (Thanks Terri!) Anyway, I guess I was in a hurry, but I forgot it. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal except the hotel didn't have a hair dryer for me to use. Instead I dried my hair using the air conditioner. FYI - that's a slow process.  :-)  Thanks Kare for not taking any pictures of that!

After the class, Jerry joined us at the shop and we picked out some fabric for him to use when he's visiting in June. We're having a sewing weekend and I can't wait. I will have my camera for that!

  

No comments: