Monday, June 2, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This past week has been very busy! 

Jack was in DC for five days singing and I hosted an Old Bags' Day Sew-In while he was gone. Because it was a holiday, Ann and Jerry were both able to stay an extra day, which was a lot of fun. 

I had to pick Jack up in Fremont at 4:30 in the morning and we spent most of Tuesday catching up with each other and the events of those five days, so I didn't get much quilting accomplished that day. It was worth it, though!

On Wednesday, Lynn and I drove to Columbus to pick up Sadie and Ronan so Nikki and Zach could spend some quality time packing without two youngsters vying for attention. Quinn was still in school, so she had to stay with them, but I'm guessing she may have been able to help a little. By the way, the final move was made on Saturday and all went well. I know Nikki and Zach are both very tired, but I'm thrilled that they are back living in this neck of the woods. :-)

I often forget how much energy two little ones have. It was tiring, but fun having them here. Unfortunately, Jack was not feeling well (respiratory issues from the trip) so he couldn't enjoy them as much as me. He did read a little to them and meal time is always hilarious. 

I think the funniest thing was when Sadie asked if Grandpa Jack was going to get a "bananabiotic" to make him feel better. Then she asked the pharmacist if his medicine tastes like bubble gum because her's does and that will make him "be not sick" faster. When the pharmacist said it didn't, Sadie asked if she could make it taste better, or maybe he should just chew gum while he took it. It still makes me grin just thinking about it and everyone, including the ever-so-professional pharmacist couldn't contain their laughter. Out of the mouths of babes, right?  

Anyway, back to Design Wall Monday. here's what's really on my wall right now. What a mess, right? This is the layering of the projects that I finished up yesterday and need quilted ASAP.


I'll un-layer everything for you. Here's the Jewel Box wall hanging that I showed last week. I love how this looks and can't wait to quilt it! 



I'll be teaching a series of table runner classes (all using a 60 degree ruler), starting in July and here are the new samples. The one on the left is fun vegetable fabric and it was made using the Easy Strip Table Runner pattern. 

I love the effect of the runner on the right. It was made using the Triangle Frenzy Runner pattern. by Bunnie Cleland. This is easy to make and I can see so many possibilities here! 


It gets better! Here's my short version of the Triangle Frenzy Swirl, also by Bunnie Cleland.


And a longer version of the same pattern.


And last but not least, my version of the Bunnie's Triangle Frenzy Hexagon. I love this one! 



I am so excited for these classes and can't wait to see what fabrics everyone has chosen. With patterns like these, there is no need to be worried about using striped fabrics or "odd" angle rulers.  :-)

Check out what other quilters have on their design walls today. 

5 comments:

knittingbrow said...

I really like how these turned out. I think I need to aquire more fabric to be able to make my own.

Bunnie Cleland said...

Love them!! Glad you're excited!
Bunnie

Bunnie said...

Here is the correct link to my new website. Please share your student's Frenzy pictures!!
trianglefrenzy.com

Anonymous said...

Is this pattern available in PDF format,as shipping costs to Australia is mind boggling

Unknown said...

Very Pretty / beautiful