These are half of the Granny Square blocks that I made using the strip piecing method. (The other eight have not been trimmed yet.) I will be adding black sashing between the blocks and adding some borders. I still have to play and decide how I want to do it.
All of these blocks, and the other eight came from this fabric. It is Rain, by Michael Miller. Isn't it beautiful?!?
I cut strips of each of the colors and combined them with black to create the blocks. I have pieces of fabric left over that shows the gradation from color to color and I want to figure out a way to use them in at least one of the borders.
Here's another project on the wall.
I was asked to make a queen size John Deere themed quilt and I sketched six options for the recipient. There were a couple of log cabin options, two star versions, a churn dash option and a scrappy version. To be honest, I was glad he chose this log cabin version.
There are a lot of different John Deere fabrics out there, but many of them we simply not conducive to making this quilt. Since this is for an adult, I didn't want the quilt to scream John Deere by having the focus be the tractors. Instead, I found some fabric and fussy cut centers of the log cabin blocks. Here are the centers before they are all trimmed. Only the second one from the top left is trimmed.
Since I have placed the centers in specific places, I took this picture so I could use it as a reference during construction. It has come in handy a couple of time already!
There is one more project that is being worked on during the construction of these two quilts but I don't have any pictures of it. it's being constructed from the Rain fabric also.
And yesterday I worked on this umbrella. I still have to add the snap because I forgot to do it before waterproofing it. UHHHH!!
There's an awful lot on my plate this week so you may see these same things on my wall next week.
Check out what other quilters have on their design walls today.
Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times