Monday, May 4, 2015

Design Wall Monday and More

Yes, I know I missed an entire week of posting. I was quite busy this past week and the next two or three weeks are going to be more of the same. I'll try "pre-post" some things here, but I'm not promising anything.  :-)

It is Monday and I do have something on the wall. It's 12 of 36 blocks for another version of Colorado Star. 



 I've made this a couple of times, but I don't own any of the other quilts any more. They are all happily living with their new owners, who I hope are enjoying them as much as I enjoyed making them. :-) 

This version is quite traditional and I'm really liking it, which kind of surprises me. I know it's hard to tell, but there are four different light fabrics and four different dark fabrics. When I was choosing fabrics, I went to my stash and found fabrics of which I had substantial yardage and that I thought would "work" Like I said, I'm happy with the selection and am looking forward to completing this. 

I have all 36 of the log cabin portions of the blocks pieced but I still have to add the diamonds to the remaining 24 fourth light and dark logs (2 for each log) and then I need to sew those logs to the log cabin blocks. This will probably take a while to finish since I'm piecing this mainly as a leader and ender project. I'll try to take pictures of the progress, but I'm not going to promise anything. (It's "safer" that way.)  :-)

Since I didn't post anything this past week, you may have missed Sharon's guest blog post for the Hands2Help Challenge. It deals with stash management and is quilt interesting. Check it out HERE. She's even linked to a free pattern and an amazing stah organization example.


What's on you design wall?

Check out what other quilters have 
on their walls.

Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the name of the pattern Colorado Star or is that your quilt's name? Where might I find the pattern? Yours looks great! Thanks for your help!
Donna in KS

Joanne said...

Donna,
I saw a quilt named Colorado Star at a quilt shop and was told that they did not have a pattern available for it. I also saw images on the net at www.purelancastercountry.com. I looked at the quilt very carefully and then created this quilt based on that.

Scrappy quilter said...

Very nice.