Monday, July 31, 2017

My Happy Place Reveal #1

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of a project I made using My Happy Place fabrics from Studio E. I fell in love with this fabric as soon as I received it and was thrilled to work with it.

My first project was an umbrella; and I paired these four of the grey fabrics of the collection fabrics with Surf Peppered Cotton. Love it!!






I really do like this!


While I was trying to figure out a fun way to take pictures of this, my step-daughter Sheryll and her husband Jim invited Jack and me to a concert at Blossom Music Center.

This is a wonderful facility that hosts a large number of musical programs each year; and it's the summer home of the Cleveland Orchestra. Blossom is an amphitheater, located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio which is less than two hours from our home. Yay! The pavilion seats 5,700 people, and there's space for about 13,500 more on the lawn. As usual, we sat on the lawn, simply because we think it's fun and relaxing. 

There was a chance of rain the day we were there, so took my umbrella - just in case. While we were walking toward the facility, I had an idea and knew that Sheryll would be up for helping me. She's always fun and up for a challenge!  😊

At first, I just snapped a few shots of Sheryll and the umbrella. 


I wanted to get a few pictures with the amphitheater in the background...



And then the fun began!

Do you remember the "Where's Waldo?" books?


My kids loved those books, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I kind of liked them too. So, I decided to use that theme and create a "Where's My Happy Place?" blog post. 

We arrived early, so before the concert began, Sheryll took a stroll around the facility and I snapped pictures of her and the umbrella. She had fun doing this and it started a lot of conversations! FYI - projects made with this fabric WILL be the start of many conversations. It is that wonderful !!

So, how about joining the fun and play along with me?

Can you find "My Happy Place" in each of the pictures? Just like the books, sometimes it is really easy to find it, but you'll have to look hard on others. 








So, where's YOUR Happy Place?

I know where it'll be if you use this fabric!


Tomorrow, I'll show a completed quilt top made from this block.



Check out other eye candy on


and


6 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Wow, you actually SEWED your own umbrella?! How did you get it together with the hardware and ribs and everything? Did you do anything to the fabric to waterproof it or is it more of a sun parasol? Very impressive!

Material Girl said...

Love,love, love this fabric! Found your umbrella in the photos- such fun!

Suze said...

I just had to leave a comment. The gray and teal are a perfect combination. Every time I see the results of your umbrella classs, I am in awe. I wish I lived close enough to take a class. The umbrellas are inspiring. This umbrella is amazing. I loved your pictures. Fun! I can just imagine that the students have a great time and learn when you sub. Thanks for another great, inspiring post. At least one person tries to read your post every day.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You silly goose! Love the umbrella and the fabric is just fab!!

AnnieO said...

Well that was fun! Thanks for the game. It's a beautifully made umbrella. Congrats

ledamewood said...

What a beautiful umbrella. Sure wish I could make an umbrella.