Tuesday, August 1, 2017

My Happy Place Reveal #2

As soon as I saw the My Happy Place fabrics, I knew I wanted to create a heart block with them. I got busy sketching, had a number of possibilities, and quickly made a decision. The block was easy to sketch, but I had to really think about how I wanted to put them together in a quilt. 

I had a limited amount of fabric and knew that I also wanted to make a few other projects with it, so the size of my quilt was quickly scaled back to a small lap size. You've already seen the block before it was sewn together...


The block finishes at 12" and I love it!


As you can see in these pictures, I decided to have them nest into each other vertically and have a small sashing between the columns.


I'm teasing you here a bit...



What better place to take a picture than at one of my favorite places - the back patio.


I'll get some fun pictures as soon as I get this baby quilted. In the mean time, here's the completed quilt top.


Oops! I lied... 

I decided that I didn't like the top and bottom of the hearts so I got out my trusty seam ripper and made some changes. I wish taking these pictures was as easy as making the changes to the quilt. Between the bad lighting because of the time of day and the wind, I couldn't get a good picture. I guess that will have to wait for the completed quilt.

Do you see the changes I made? I especially like that the bottom hearts actually have points now.


I tried to get fancy with the pictures, and if you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I love to take pictures of quilts on a wood pile.


But, when all else fails you grab some tape and go to the back side of the shop. I decided to leave the weeds in the picture. That's kind of like life, isn't it? Hearts and Love triumph over the bad stuff!  


Besides the My Happy Place fabrics, I used these two Peppered Cottons.

Aubergine


Fushia


I love how this turned out, but have not yet decided a name for it. That will probably happen once it's quilted. I have to get Jack on that, since he's the one who normally names my projects.  😊

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a SWEET quilt!! Looking forward to see the quilting.