Monday, January 28, 2019

Design Wall Monday

I've got a couple of secret sewing projects going on right now, but I did start my January Rainbow Scrap Project and that's what's up on the wall.


I know, I know. I can hear you saying, "It's almost the end of January and you're just now starting the project?" 

When red was the color chosen for January, I knew that this was the project I wanted to do, so I pulled some of my red and cream colored scraps and set them aside until I had time to work on it. I've had the pattern (A Scrappy Kind of Love, by J. Michelle Watts) for over a year and just never pulled fabrics for it. This was just the kick I needed to get it started. 

I knew I wanted to make the wall hanging (37" x 45") and I didn't figure that it would take me long, so I wasn't worried about not starting it at the beginning of the month. I never thought that I'd be starting it on the 27th though.  :-)

Anyway, I'm happy with the progress and that all of the fabric, including the backing will be coming from my stash. Since I'm making the small version and the strips are only cut 1 1/2", I'm not using up a bunch of stash, but I'm ok with that.

Unless something comes up, I should have this top completed by the end of the month. My goal is to have it quilted and hanging before Valentines Day.

What are you working on today?

Check out the quilter's eye candy at


and


4 comments:

chrisknits said...

Your version is going to be so cute! I love red and cream/white quilts!

beth s said...

Wow there are a lot of pieces there! So pretty

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun RSC project!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that's so cute and such a great way to use up a few scraps!