Friday, April 12, 2019

Sew to Regroup

I have been crazy busy the last few weeks and today was no different. After I helped get Nikki and Zach's kids to school today, I came home and started working right away. My mind was racing and I couldn't concentrate on one thing at a time so I knew that I needed to step away and regroup.

What better way to do that than sew?

I threw this up on the design wall Tuesday night, knowing that I wouldn't have an opportunity to work on it for at least a week. I really just wanted to see if my fabrics would play together nicely, and I think they do. 


This quilt is the center of the Labyrinth Quilt by Debbie Maddy. 

Labyrinth

My friend Eillen wants to use a variation of this pattern for a Quilt of Valor and I told her that I'd help adjust the pattern. On Monday, we pulled some fabric, made some changes, and decided what we needed. I wanted to review my math and sketches so I decided to use real fabric to do that. I think everything will work and I look forward to completing this quilt.  

I'm going to sew a couple of rows together right now and then head back to work. That should settle me down a bit and get me back on track. 

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love the Labyrinth Quilt pattern, though I haven't done it yet. I really like the colors and fabric you have chosen. Great inspiration.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

I would like to receive this pattern. Please tell me where may obtain it. Thank you..

Anonymous said...

I would like to get the pattern also please. I’m going to to a quilt of Valor for my Uncle and I love this pattern!

Anonymous said...

I made this beautiful square in the same color scheme. I made it into a quilt of valor for a service member

Terri said...

I just finished doing this quilt block that I made into a quilt of valor. I don’t know how to post the pictures

Anonymous said...

Tutorial and name???