Monday, April 15, 2019

Design Wall Monday

I finished the top that I showed in my last post. Unfortunately I don't have a good picture to share, but I'll try to get a good one in the next couple of days and post it. The quilt finished 60" x 80" so it will be used as a Quilt of Valor.

I do have something else on the design wall though...


I've been playing around with some 10" squares and wanted to do something quick and easy. I snowballed 20 - 10" squares on two sides and then put them together in a random order. I added a small border from the same snowball fabric and will start playing around with border options in the next couple of days. 

I have 40 - 3 1/2" half square triangles that were leftovers from snowballing the blocks and I think I'm going to piece a couple of borders using them.  

What are you working on today?

Check out the eye candy at


and

3 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations on your finish! This new quilt is beautiful, great colors!

Ramona said...

Great use of 10" squares. This is such a fun quilt. Looking forward to seeing your border ideas.

karenbbsnow said...

Awesome pattern for a quick quilt, love the black background.