Thursday, April 1, 2021

April Color Challenge

 It's April 1st and it's time to introduce a new color for the 
2021 Monthly Color Challenge!


This month we are using 

RED

and featuring 

CHERRIES


Cherries are low in calories and chock full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, nutrients and other good-for-you ingredients. Whether you like them sweet or tart, these deep red fruits pack a healthy punch. 


These tasty and beautiful bits of heaven will provide you with vitamins C, A, and K. Plus, when you eat them, you'll benefit from receiving potassium, magnesium, and calcium. 


While digging around reading about cherries, I happened upon some dream interpretation information and found it interesting.

Cherries are a sign of prosperity. Dreams that involve blooming and/or sweet cherries, are a sign of promised joy, pleasure and success. If your dream involves you enjoying cherries, it means that your kindness will help you cope with difficult people. If you are eating sour cherries in your dreams, it is a sign of possible upcoming anguish.


I don't know about all that dream stuff, but I know that I like to eat sweet cherries plain and use sour cherries in pies. As you can from this picture, I'm not the only one in my house that likes cherry pie.  :-)


***********************************

I found some great cherry fabric in my stash and was happy to use it. It was going to be used in a project that I abandoned, so I was happy to finally have a reason to use it. 

I kept with the same green accent fabric and love how it looks.


I love how the red mosaic fabric looks with the green fabric.


To find the instructions for this month's block, head over to 

Jen always has great instructions and I know that you will 
love making this month's block.

***********************************

Thank you to the Second Quarter Sponsors!
Let's show them our appreciation and check out their products.

Jen has a complete list of the sponsor HERE. 



***********************************

It's recipe time! As hard as I tried, I couldn't decide on a recipe to share this month. I do like my pie recipes, but I LOVE eating just plain cherries. So, that's my recipe. I like them at room temperature, but they are especially good when chilled. And for a nice change of pace, put them in the freezer for a short time and pop them in your mouth when they are just starting to freeze. Oh my....

No comments: