Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tip Tuesday! Color Theory for Quilting

"Tip Tuesday!" - Color Theory for Quilting

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired!
************************************************

I know that I've discussed color in past Tip Tuesday! posts, but this one is so good that I just had to share. I found it over at Sew Mama Sew.

Blog: art lessons, art reviews, color theory / Fine Artist Gonzalo Ruiz Navarro / Washington DC:

Deanna McCool is a writer and technical editor for the sewing and crafting industry and she has shared some color theory tips to help select prints for quilting. She discusses light vs. dark, saturation, complementary colors, and proportion and how each of these impact your quilt. 

It is worth the read!

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks for the link. I'm just beginning to "get" color theory