Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tip Tuesday! Turning Tight Corners and Curves

"Tip Tuesday!" - Turning Tight Corners and Curves

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

 

 


"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.


 

 

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired!

*********************************************

I haven't actually been doing very much sewing lately, as I am still doing the long term sub teaching job, but I have been able to sneak in a little sewing time. (I really do have to study each night to be prepared for the next day!)
But, I have been able to spend some quality time with my machine, I been working on a number of different things, including a project that required some curved corner piecing. I don't really mind curved piecing. It just seems to take a very long time because of all the adjustments that need to be made.
I stumbled upon a video from Laura at Sew Very Easy and she suggests reducing the stitch length to help speed things up and still have accuracy. I did, and IT WORKS!!  Check out her video here:
 
 
***************************************************************************
I have a new computer, thanks to my son-in-law Zach who built it for me. I'm still learning some of the new to me features of the operating system, but I'm thrilled to have a computer and not have to share with Jack. Of course, I am also relieved and happy to have all of my data at my fingertips. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to play around in EQ, only to not have it here. ARRRGGGHHHHH
I had to go "old school" and sketch on paper and pencil. Now if I could just find the time to put them into EQ and start making those quilts, life would be awesome.
 
I did finish a couple of projects that I will share in the next couple of days. One has to be gifted before I can show it here and I have to take a picture of the others.
 
Now that the computer is up and running, and I see an end to the Spanish teaching (my last day should be March 15th), I may just find the time to actually start posting on a regular basis again. Keep your fingers crossed.  :-)


 

 



No comments: