Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stash Report - Week 8

This was a good week and I have good numbers to report! There was no fabric added this week but there was a lot out because of finishing up projects, using LOTS of 5" squares and making LOTS of pillowcases. Actually, there was some fabric added because I received a kit to make a charity quilt but I haven't even opened the package yet so I don't know what's there. I knew that if I opened it I would want to start the project and I had too much else to do. I plan on opening the package tonight or tomorrow morning and will report it next week. Wouldn't it be great if I can report it IN and OUT in the same week?!

Yesterday, a number of women from a local Curves made 36 pillowcases for area charities. I've been doing this on my own for a couple of years and last year not only did my quilt guild begin making them, so did some of the women at Curves. As part of our "Stronger Together" theme, I organized the Sweet Dreams Pillowcase Project for the group and we made 36 pillowcases in about 3 hours. (Not bad for a group that included some people who had never sewn before!) I'll be adding this number to American Patchwork & Quilting 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge that I'm sure many of you know about. If you don't, go to http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/index.html to check it out. Below is a picture of our pillowcases ready to be thrown in the washer so they can be taken to the receiving charities later this week.



OK, here's my report:
Fabric Used This Week: 29.125 yards

Fabric Used to Date: 75.250 yards

Fabric Added This Week: 0.0 yards

Fabric Added to Date: 38.875 yards

Net Fabric Used for 2010: 36.375 yards

Why not go to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times blog and see how other quilters are using up their stash?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love, love, love making pillowcases. Good for you for organizing a group and leading the non-sewers!