Friday, July 22, 2011

Avoidance

I should be quilting these quilts but I really didn't feel like it today. Do you think it had anything to do with the temperatures in the upper 90s? Probably not since we have air conditioning, but I thought it sounded like a good excuse. Really, I just wanted to piece something and not quilt.

So, instead of quilting, I made this.
This is another Honor Flight quilt and it's a variation of the Fast Forward quilt I made earlier this month. (I looked at the designer's website - Jaybird Quilts and found this quilt and the pattern is called Unwind.) I just know that when I was making my original quilt, I thought it would be cool to not include the vertical sashing, use gold for the background and only patriotic fabrics for the "ribbons." I envisioned gold stars appearing between the ribbons and look; there they are! I plan to bind this in gold, but who knows?

I like how this turned out and tomorrow I WILL do some quilting! I promise.

No comments: