Friday, September 9, 2011

AHHHHHHHH. That's Better!

At the risk of jinxing myself, I have working e-mail again! I was so frustrated when it didn't work for a couple of reasons. First of all, there were things I should have printed out as soon as I read the e-mail, but I didn't and I needed them ASAP. Next, I realized that I have become one of those people that depends on technology. I never wanted to be one of those people! But, the main reason I was so frustrated is that the "HELP" tab did nothing except take me in circles.

The error message said to click "HELP" if I couldn't sign in to my account but when I did that, it asked for my password which no longer worked. The message said that I would have to change my password and to follow these steps to do so.

1. Sign into the account and then click on "MY ACCOUNT" (I couldn't get in the account so anything else was simply not going to happen, but it was listed on the steps to correct the problem.)
2. Once in the account, click on "SETTINGS" and then "CHANGE PASSWORD"
3. To change the password, type in the old password and then the new one. Seriously, how was I supposed to do that when I couldn't get in the account.

Needless to say, I didn't change my password, but what I did do was try too many times because my account was LOCKED because of a possible security breach! I could try again in 12 hours!

Funny thing is that I could get into the main yahoo account, but not my e-mail. I sent a message to the "HELP CENTER" explaining the problem and when the auto message said I needed to provide them with an e-mail address to which they should respond I about lost it. DUHHHHH!!! I can't get into my e-mail! I had to set up a new account and cross my fingers and hope that it worked. I don't know what happened, but when I checked my e-mail tonight it was working. It hadn't been 12 hours so I don't know what was wrong. Now, I have another e-mail address to deal with. YUCK! Of course, I could just cancel that one. Yea, I think I'll do that. That will feel really good. CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL!!! I feel better already!  :-)

Anyway, it works and I'm happy again.

Between all the running around and e-mail drama today, Jack and I froze some corn. Doesn't this look good. I thought this might be the end of the corn for us, but I decided that I want to do about another 5-10 dozen so I have plenty for holidays, family gatherings, etc. Most of what we've frozen up to this point has been frozen in packages for just the two of us. Next should be apples!

A new friend asked me to quilt and bind her 1600 quilt. This was her first quilting project and when she was done with the original pattern, she decided she wanted it bigger so she added a couple of borders. I think it turned out well. I quilted an all-over loop-de-loop design using a gray thread on top and bottom. The backing fabric is the same as the outside border. This picture really doesn't do it justice, but the fabric is gorgeous. Trust me. (Do I sound like a politician?) Thanks Kare for letting me use your machine. I love all the colors of this!

No comments: