Monday, September 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday

There's a lot going on here so I'll just get to the point (actually I'll get to the pictures!)

First off is my friend Jean's quilt that I quilted on another friends HQ16. This is now ready for binding. YEAH!
 
 
 
Here's the back. Not a great picture but I think you can see the texture. (I love that!)
 
 


 

 Here's a close up of the quilting. The pattern is called Spring Thing, by Jodi Beamish. Yep, I used red thread on both the top and bottom of this quilt. Now both sides are a two-color quilt!

 
Speaking of quilting, this is Jerry's Framed Rectangles quilt that is ready to be quilted. I'm using the Spring Thing pattern on this one too. Can you tell I really like that design? Actually, Jerry picked that out without me using my powers of persuation, but I have to say that I'm happy he chose it. :-)
 
 
 
(By the way, this picture was taken at the montly Milan Quilt Builders guild meeting. Click here to check out all the wonderful quilts that were shown during our "Sew and Tell."
  
 Here are two Easy Striped Table Runners that are ready for the quilting. This pattern has been around for a few years, but it is so quick and easy that I use it often. In case you've never used this pattern before, I will tell you that there are five seams and NO mitering. That's it! It's all in the cutting of the 60 degree triangles. Also, since you use the "birthing" method of layering, there is no binding. Simple, and they made super (and super fast) gifts!
 
These two runners were made using the same striped fabric. The difference is in where I cut my repeat (in other words, how wide my stripes were cut). Two table runner tops out of 1 1/2 yards of fabric! Not bad.  :-)
 
 
  And finally, these are fabrics I'm using for my contribution to the Dots on Dots Blog Hop. I can't show you my blocks because I don't post until Sept. 18th, but you can see what is up so far today. Grab a cup of coffee, tea or soda, sit back and realx and then click on this link to see the "dotalicious" creations! Each day of the Hop I will post a link to the daily contributors. Many of the contributors are providing tutorials, giveaways, etc. and I know we all like that. Enjoy and be sure to leave comments for the contributors. I'm sure they'd all love to hear what you think of their projects.
 
 
I'm going to see if I can cut and paste each day's list. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
MONDAY's Dots Enthusiasts

September 10th
 
Well, I have a lot to do so I better get off the computer and get busy. See what other quilters have on their design walls today. Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, that is the panto used on my last quilt - in red thread too - love it.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilting on your quilt and love the dots fabrics you have picked out!