Sunday, December 16, 2018

Star Patch Quilt

I completed my Star Patch quilt top the other day and I'm very happy with it.


I added an extra set of blocks to the top and bottom so I ended up with a rectangular quilt instead of a square one. I've decided to quilt this before trimming the ends so it will be easier to keep my 1/4" points along the edges, and I'm looking forward to seeing this cleaned up and bound.  

I made a lot of extra nine patch blocks (30 to be exact!) so I'm already over half way to making my next one of these quilts. I'm thinking about teaching this as a class, so I'll make a square version next. 😊  


As you can see, I still have a lot of 2" print squares in my tub, and since I have to find something to do with them, it might as well be another Star Patch quilt.


Thanks Amber Johnson @gigis_thimble. What a fun quilt and quilt along! #starpatchqal #gigisthimblepattern

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful and stunning! Congratulations on the finish!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love this pattern!

Sharon Tucker said...

Wow, what a stunning top!!