Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Design Wall - Star Patch QAL

I  know that I'm late for Design Wall  Monday, but late is better than never.

Remember those nine patches I was making for the Star Patch Quilt Along?



I completed the next step of the QAL and made the checkerboard center and the four flying geese/star point units. Isn't it cute how Amber asked us to take a picture of these units? I may have to play around when I'm done with this quilt and make some fun tree blocks.  :-)


I am now in the process of putting the quilt top together. 


I decided that I don't want a square quilt, so I'm adding a row of blocks to the top and bottom. Thinking that I might decide that, I made extra nine patch blocks, so it wasn't a big deal and hasn't slowed down the process at all. 

I really like how this is coming together! 

The fact that absolutely all of the fabrics have come from my stash makes this extra super sweet. WooHoo!

What are you working on this week?

Check out some quilters eye candy at


and

2 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's looking great and the tree idea looks like it will be fun to explore later!

jean f. said...

what a fun quilt! I love 9-patches!