Thursday, December 20, 2018

2019 Color Challenge

2019 is going to be full of fun, 
color and challenges!

I've joined Pattern by Jen's
2019 Color Challenge 


When I decided to join this challenge, I jumped right in and signed up for the January and March blocks. I figured that if I was going to play the game, I should commit early and just do it. (Actually, I worried that if I waited for later months I would get behind or worse, forget about them until the last minute.)

I may be crazy but I also decided that since I plan to make all the blocks, I'd sign up to have a completed quilt top by Jan. 15, 2020 to show. It's also good to have a plan and goals, right?

So what does this all mean? 

You can read all about the challenge at Jen's Blog - Patterns by Jen (pbj for short), but here it is in a nutshell.

Each month, Jen will pick a color and provide instructions on how to make a particular block. The goal is to use stash to create the blocks, but if you have to buy, you will most likely only need a fat quarter. (Using stash is ALWAYS a good thing!)

Plus, a handful of bloggers (myself included), have agreed to write up blog posts about the block and color for the month. This will allow you to see the block made up in all the same color, but different fabrics. (Not every blogger will post each month, but I plan to do so.)

Jen was is so clever that when she picked the color each month, she assigned a flower to it. What a great way to help figure out what the color actually looks like. Just do a search for each flower and you'll see a picture, which will help you choose fabrics. Gee, I get to make a colorful quilt AND look at beautiful flowers!?! What fun is that?   




2019 Monthly Colors

January - Bells of Ireland (green)
February - Carnation (pink)
March - Love in a Mist (Navy Blue)
April - Glory of the Snow (Blue)
May - Spider Mum (Lime)
June - Sundaze Blaze Starflower (Orange)
July - Jade Vine (Aqua)
August - Marigold (Red orange)
September - Lilac (Lavender)
October - Rose (Red)
November - Black Eyed Susan (Yellow)
December - Crocus (Purple)



So, are you going to join the fun and put lots of color into 2019? 

No comments: