Wednesday, August 19, 2020

I Joined a Quilt Along

I really do have a lot to do, but when I saw samples of the Dear Darling quilt and heard that there was going to be a quilt along, I just had to join the fun. 

There are some really awesome samples on Kaitie's Instagram page that you'll want to check out. They are so cute and there are so many ideas to consider.

I'm going with the pieced center option and decided that I really am just going to with the flow for this project. I am NOT going to stress, which means that I will NOT overthink my fabric choices. With that in mind, I went to my container that holds Cotton+Steel fat quarters and pulled what I needed/wanted. I then looked at my background choices and am happy to say that I found something I like. Yay! 

I think I’ll use the same fabric for my sashing and border, and then use my leftover fat quarter pieces for a scrappy binding. Of course that may change after the blocks are pieced, but that's the plan for right now. I also decided to make this a bit smaller - 59” x 76”, which means that I’ll be making 12 blocks instead of 16. 

My pieces are cut, organized, and ready to sew. (Yep, I should still be cleaning, but I'm doing this as a diversion. Go to this post to see what what I did yesterday instead of clean.) 

I even put everything into a separate project bag to keep it together and organized. That counts as cleaning, right? 😁 This is going to be FUN! 

Check out Kaitie's Instagram page - Modern Folk Studio for more information or to join the quilt along.  

1 comment: