Monday, May 9, 2011

Design Wall Monday

It sure feels good to be able to post something this week. It really is amazing how I've become attached to the computer and how virtually lost I feel when I can't check e-mail or my favorite blogs!

Here's what's on the wall right now.
This is a two-color Hunter's Star and I'm using the Rapid Fire Hunter's Star Large Ruler by Deb Tucker. This ruler sure simplifies making this quilt.

Since I didn't get to show you what was on last week's wall because of the electrical/computer issues, I'll post them now.

Here's the Scrappy 4-Patch quilt that I've talked about before. The quilt top is complete and it's ready for quilting! :-)
I really like how this turned out!

Here's the completed Seek and Find quilt that I was working on a couple of weeks ago. I love making these. They are so much fun for kids and adults alike. I make mine so each block has a match, except one. The game can be played two ways - find all the matches or find the "odd man out" block. This is great for entertaining a cranky child!

And here is a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt that was made from a Grand Finale Jelly Roll. I made this one evening when I felt like I was stuck and not being very productive. Making this quilt changed that. Check out the you tube video here on making this. I love this fabric line!

I made a couple of chenille rugs recently - one for Sheryll -
and one for Linda

Speaking of Linda. While she was here, not only did she finish her quilt, but she took some pictures of Sadie's quilt capturing the glow in the dark thread. I think this is soooooo cool!


Check out what's happening with other quilters today by going to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Chris said...

All great projects. I really love your Hunter Star!

Eden said...

I commented before on the 4 patch quilt... I am SO in love with that quilt! That narrow dark border is JUST the thing for it too! The colors in it are calling to me lately big time - I am normally such a blue and green and brown with some jewel tone purples and reds thrown in. That pinky, beige-y coral color wash is just so beautiful! I could do this quilt in blues out of my scrap pile... but it wouldn't be as warm and lovely as yours. Ahhh, I'll have to bookmark this post just so I can come back and gaze at it! I also love the Hunter Star... I've always wanted to make one!

knittingbrow said...

I'm fond of your scrappy 4-patch. It's colorful and fun and overwhelmingly wonderful. Kinda like how I like my life to be. :)