Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Done!

I finished my Glacier Star a little bit ago and I'm now tearing away the remaining paper. 

As I'm tearing paper, I realized that there's a lot of piecing in this thing and a fair amount of paper that still needs to be removed. I did tear away some while I was piecing, but most of the outside paper had to remain so you had guidelines for the piecing. Have you ever taken a picture of your quilt from the back? I did on one other quilt, my Weaver Fever, and I thought it would be fun to show you this one from the back too. 
I've torn away the paper from the top right corner and I think you can see what was torn away before. Here's a close up picture of the top left corner.
I'll post a picture of the front when I'm done and the quilt is all pressed and pretty!

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

That was cool to see it from the back! Made me realize how much piecing is in this quilt...wow!

knittingbrow said...

Holy Crap! That's amazing. It turned out lovely. What did you learn while you were sewing it?