Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ahhhhh

After almost two weeks (seems like more) of no quilting, I sat down at the sewing machine tonight and started working on the Vintage kit that I got from Tennessee Quilts when I was there in April. This pattern is by Pauline Smith and can be found in Kaffee Fassett's book Quits in Sweden. The kit included the original fabrics from the book, including the binding. I don't often buy kits, especially ones with all the original fabrics but I really liked this one and decided that I would spend a lot of time trying to recreate this look so why not just buy the kit. Plus, it didn't hurt that I go it on sale! :-)

 
All 50 of the hour glass blocks are done (although they need the dog ears trimmed off), and 9 of the 49 nine-patch blocks are done.
 
Ahhhhhhh......feels good to have sewn tonight!

No comments: