Thursday, December 4, 2014

We Support You Blog Hop Info

I've signed up for the 


which will take place Jan. 29th - Feb. 11th. 


Why did I sign up? 
I signed up because I've known a number of people who've been touched by cancer and I want them to know that I support them. Whether they are battling cancer now or have battled it in the past, I want these people and their families to know that they are not alone in this fight. I support YOU!

If you are a frequent reader of this blog, you know that I've been involved in a number of breast cancer campaigns including Bras for a Cause. As a matter of fact, we just held our sixth annual Bras for a Cause/Girls Night Out event and you can find pictures of the bras HERE and HERE.
HERE is another old post you might enjoy that includes some Bras for a Cause pictures.

I've also participated in a number of Susan G. Komen 3-Day, 60 Miles Walks. My daughter Lynn and walked in Cleveland three times and Jack and I walked in Dallas once. The year Jack and I walked in Dallas, the three of us worked in Cleveland.

Although I'll admit that the fundraising ($2300 per participant each year!), the training, and actual walking was very challenging for me, what I went through doesn't compare at all to what cancer patients go through every day. Every single day! They can never escape the fact that they are fighting for their lives.

I continue to be in awe of the people I've met over the years. Their courage and drive to survive has truly been an inspiration to me. It grounds me and helps me put my "problems" in perspective! 

When I saw the announcement for this hop, I knew that I wanted to participate! Let me correct that. I knew I NEEDED to participate!


Mdm Samm of Sew We Quilt!  has completed the awesome pattern we'll be using and Pat from Scrapatches will be our cheerleader. (Because of their leadership and involvement, you know it'll be wonderful, don't you?)


I've been playing around with ideas and have narrowed my design down to two choices. I'll make the final decision this weekend and get started. Of course I've fondled stash fabric already and have pulled some to be used, no matter which design I choose.  :-)

I hope you'll join us in showing your support!

For more information, check out the link below.

ttp://www.sewwequilt.com/2014/11/we-support-you-blog-hop-sign-up-begins.html

2 comments:

Createology said...

Bless you and your getting involved to support others. Peace and Joy...

Scrapatches said...

Thanks for showing your support by joining in this hop, Joanne, and for spreading the word!
Looking forward to seeing what you create ... :) Pat