Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tip Tuesday! Phone Apps

"Tip Tuesday!" - Phone Apps

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired! 



Do you have a smart phone? 


I hate to admit it, but I joined the smart phone group rather late and with much trepidation. I really didn't want to get one but I was "forced" to do so because of work. If I wanted to get sub jobs, I had to be able to get e-mail quickly and get on-line to accept assignments. 

I finally caved and bought a phone from a friend (Thanks Allan and Denise!) about 1 1/2 years ago. 
I have to say that I really do enjoy it and use it quite a lot, and not just for getting sub jobs.:-) 

I know that I don't even come close to using the phone to its potential, nor do I have the latest updates. I'm ok with what I have and what it can do for me. Too much more, might just be too much in general. 

So what does my phone do for me? 

With this phone, I can do a lot of things, including getting some quilting information! There are some really cool quilting apps that you really need to take a look at and see if you can use it.


Apps for Quilters | Right Sides Together

Rather than re-invent the wheel, check out Rhonda Jordan's blog post about finding and using various quilting apps. 


Do you use your phone for quilting? 
Please share with us! Inquiring minds want to know.  :-)

If you want to leave a message and the word verificationrequest shows up please don't leave without your leaving your comment. There is a glitch in blogger right now.I have turned off the word verification button, but recent updates have overridden that. Sorry! I sure hope it gets fixed soon! 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

thanks for this post. I just got a smart phone, but I use apps on my tablet more. I'll check out you link. I admit I don't take much time to search out apps.
Merry Christmas

Calicojoan said...

Now these are some fun apps! I have loaded a couple before, and I have to admit, I seldome use them, but the Sherman Williams ColorSnap is very interesting to me! Thanks for the info

Calicojoan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Maki said...

I finally got a Smart Phone, but it is way too smart for me. Don't use any apps. I much prefer the desktop computer.